Mon, 10 Jun|
People Dem Collective HQ
Box on the Beach
Hybrid: Online & In-person Event. Monday's 1-hour session of mixed ability non-contact boxing. Enjoy 40 minutes of socca, house and 80s music with social after the session.
Time & Location
10 Jun 2024, 18:00 – 19:00
People Dem Collective HQ , 50 Marine Terrace, Margate CT9 1XJ, UK
About The Event
Welcome to 1hr session: Shadow Boxing with NBE
Join Online & In-person
Steps & Shadow boxing to soca music. 1hr of adaptable movement, wiggle & jiggle, and increase your mind & heart health.
What Sessions involve:
This session aims to learn new steps and try in your own way to boost stamina. Follow NBE as we show you how to hook, uppercut, and jap. Enjoy your passion for dancing as we bring in some familiar aerobics and step movement.
This is a medium-intensity session, and a medium-impact session includes kicks.
NBE will show Modifications / Adaptations; sessions are designed to support ambulatory users, pre and postnatal parents, and a mix of ability-to-stand participants.
5:50 PM Ideal time to arrive - Get changed, meet everyone, ask NBE questions
6:00 PM Welcome
6:05 PM Session will start
- Start with a warm 5-minute welcome and explanation about the movements in the session, then go into the warm-up to prepare your body for exercise.
- You will then be guided through 25 minutes of exercise with an interval in the middle.
- The main blocks of activity will be different each week, giving you a taster of different styles and allowing you to try new things in a supportive environment.
- Then, a warm down before a short period of mindfulness to reflect on the sessions and yoga-inspired stretches before NBE answers any questions you have.
- There will be opportunities to rest and grab a drink during the session.
6:40 PM Will go into cool down onto matts and relax
6:55 PM Head back to PDC for Social
7:30 PM Goodbyes
NBE Sessions occur at Margate Main Sands; look for the orange flag pole with the words' NBE FITNESS.'
The beach has ramp access. Transport to beach spot by train - short walk Bus stop for the 8 stops, loop, a local landmark to assist finding us are Dreamland and Margate Train Station, Parking spots available outside PDC.
Trial the different sessions, gain referrals to other sessions and meet new people.
Before attending the session for the first time, you will receive an email to complete a PAR-Q to ensure your health and safety in the session; if you'd like to speak to us ahead of the session, you can book a call here or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What to expect from the event:
- Adaptable teaching
- Accessible and Challenging Rating: Purple Learn more here
- Please bring a bottle of water
- Our meeting point, PDC, has manual wheelchair access.
- Toilets require wheelchair participants to transfer, and there are no changing facilities.
- There will be signage to show you where we are.
- During the session, you can always ask questions.
- If you wish to meet or join social after the session, meet us at PDC LINK.
- We will be taking pictures. If you do not want to be photographed or wish to see photographs after the event before they are used for marketing or social media/ website, please email email@example.com
- For accessibility, we are happy to provide BSL. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What we're doing to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- We provide gluten-free/nut-free snacks, sanitiser, antibacterial spray and paper towels
- Car: Parking is free parking by both locations
- Train: Margate Train Station
- Bus: Loop & 8
- Cycle: Cycling makes for an environmentally friendly and pleasant way to arrive at the Margate beach; there are cycle racks.
Sharing is caring:
If you loved this session, donate today to help us keep creating spaces or refer a friend and get a gift in the mail.
If you have any problems with finding us or any other issues, please get in touch with us:
If it's an emergency (for example, if you can't find us) then phone us on 07706547138
- Ticket type
Join the session at Margate Beach via ZOOM.Price£5.00
- Ticket type
Join session at Margate BeachPrice£15.00
- Ticket type
Pay what you can to join session£
+Service fee+Service fee