Sat, 05 Aug|
Black Girl Fest: Relax & Breathe
NBE London come to Black Girl Fest at Somerset House. Celebrate the brilliance of our Blackness. The theme for this year’s festival is ‘enJOYment' - Drawing on the lived experiences of Black British women, the festival endeavours to celebrate the brilliance of our Blackness.
Time & Location
05 Aug, 11:00 – 06 Aug, 12:00
Somerset House, Strand, London WC2R 1LA, UK
About The Event
Welcome to Black Girl Fest
Join us for Relax & Breathe in The Playground a Gentle Space for all folk.
What Sessions involve:
The purpose of this session is to learn new steps and to try in your own way aiding relaxation. Follow NBE as we show you how to stretch, bend, and breathe. Enjoy your passion for movement as we bring in some familiar afrobeats and steps .
This is a medium-intensity session, and a low-impact session can be done seated.
NBE will show Modifications / Adaptations; sessions are designed to support ambulatory users, pre and postnatal parents, and a mix of ability-to-stand participants.
A fun session of movement for mix abilities, and medium intencity increments to work towards completing a routine.
10:30 AM Ideal time to arrive at The Playground
11:00 AM Welcome and Take part in strech and yoga inspired movement (chair's available to do it seated)
11:15 Noon Stretch session will end / come meet the team, grab information about NBE
11:45 PM Will go into a cool down onto matts and relax
12:00 Noon Socialise
NBE Sessions are taking place at Somerset House; look for the orange flag pole with the words 'NBE FITNESS'
Trial the programme, gain referrals to other sessions and meet new people.
Before attending the session for the first time, you will receive an email to complete a PAR-Q to ensure your health and safety in the session; if you’d like to speak to us ahead of the session you can book a call here or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What to expect from the event:
- Adaptable teaching
- Please bring a bottle of water
- Our meeting point has disabled access & toilet facilities
- There will be signage to show you where we are.
- During the session, you can always ask questions.
- If you'd wish to meet us or join social after the session meet us at our stall in the Culture Marketplace
- We will be taking pictures if you do not want to be photographed or want to see photographs after the event before they are used for marketing or social media/ website please email email@example.com
- For accessibility, we are happy to provide BSL please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Somerset House Strand London WC2R 1LA,
Accessibility Information: LINK
Everything from Assistant Dogs to Getting around the building
- Cycling makes for an environmentally friendly and pleasant way to arrive at Somerset House.
- There are bike stands on the Strand, Aldwych and Victoria Embankment, close to Somerset House. Please note that there is no bike parking in The Edmond J. Safra Fountain Court or within Somerset House itself, and all bikes attached to our buildings or railings will be removed
- There are several Santander Cycles docking stations near Somerset House.
Car: Accessible Parking our closest Disabled Badge parking spaces;
- Wellington Street WC2E 7BB (159.85 METERS). For visiting via the Strand Entrance or New Wing Entrance.
- Temple Place WC2R 2PH (266.53 METERS). For visiting the Embankment Entrance.
- For more Disabled Badge parking nearby please visit
By London Underground (Wheelchair Accessible Train Stations )
- Temple (Circle & District lines; 250 metres, 5-minute walk)
- Covent Garden (Piccadilly line; 650m, 8min) LIFT ACCESS
By Rail station
- Charing Cross (700m, 10min)
- Blackfriars (1km, 13min) STEP FREE STATION
- Waterloo (1km, 13min) STEP FREE STATION
- Buses 1, 4, 6, 9, 11, 13, 15, 23, 26, 59, 68, 76, 87, 91, 139, 168, 171, 172, 176, 188, 243, 341, 521, RV1 and X68 all pass along the Strand and/or Aldwych, stopping within 100-200 metres of Somerset House.
- River Bus Services RB1, RB2 and RB6 all stop at Embankment Pier, roughly 600 metres from Somerset House.
- There’s a coach-parking bay on Victoria Embankment.
Sharing is caring:
If you loved this session donate today help us keep creating spaces or refer a friend and get a gift in the mail.
If you have any problems with finding us, or any other issues; please contact us:
If it's an emergency (for example, if you can't find us) then phone us on: 07706547138