Sat, 07 Oct|
Novotel London West
CURLYTREATS Festival: Soca Saturday
NBE London come to CURLYTREATS community festival in Hammersmith, enjoy London School of Afro Hair, Museum of Afro Hair, AfroEats Village, Kids Crowned in Confidence, Culture of Black Business Marketplace, Black Health Advancement, & Black British Book Fair
Time & Location
07 Oct 2023, 11:00 – 19:00
Novotel London West, 1 Shortlands Hammersmith International Ctre, London W6 8DR, UK
About The Event
Welcome to CURLYTREATS Festival
Join us for Soca Dance Workout: Groove, Sweat, and Have Fun in Black Health Advancement space at CURLYTREATS Festival
This is an exhilarating Soca session filled with energetic dance steps and infectious beats. We will be doing a medium-intensity, medium-impact workout will get your heart pumping and your body moving. Whether you're a seasoned dancer or a beginner, Kanndiss will guide you through the movements, offering modifications and adaptations to accommodate participants of all abilities. Get ready to sweat and have a blast as we fuse Soca with familiar aerobics and step movements.
This session is designed to improve your stamina, coordination, and overall fitness level. With medium-intensity increments, you'll gradually build up to completing a full routine, leaving you feeling accomplished and energized. Don't miss out on this fun-filled movement experience that caters to a mix of abilities. So, put comfortable shoes on and let the rhythm of Soca take you on a joyful journey of self-expression and fitness. Get ready to unleash your inner dancer and embrace the Soca spirit!
What Sessions involve:
The purpose of this session is to learn new steps and to try in your own way to boost stamina. Follow NBE as we show you how to hook, uppercut, and jap. Enjoy your passion for dancing as we bring in some familiar aerobics and steps movement.
This is a medium-intensity session, and a medium-impact session includes kicks.
NBE will show Modifications / Adaptations; sessions are designed to support ambulatory users, pre and postnatal parents, and a mix of ability-to-stand participants.
A fun session of movement for mix abilities, and medium intencity increments to work towards completing a routine.
11:00 AM Ideal time to arrive at Black Health Advancement space
11:30 AM Welcome and Take part in strech and yoga inspired movement (chair's available to do it seated)
12:30 Noon Stretch session will end / come meet the team, grab information about NBE
16:00 PM Ideal time to arrive at Black Health Advancement space
16:30 PM Session will start, box in the park will start
- Warm up
- We move for 20 mins to dance hall, soca and salsa music.
16:50 PM Will go into a cool down onto matts and relax
17:35 PM Socialise
NBE Sessions are taking place at Novotel London West; look for the orange flag pole with the words 'NBE FITNESS'
Trial the programme, gain referrals to other sessions and meet new people.
Before attending the session for the first time, you will receive an email to complete a PAR-Q to ensure your health and safety in the session; if you’d like to speak to us ahead of the session you can book a call here or email email@example.com
What to expect from the event:
- Adaptable teaching
- Please bring a bottle of water
- Our meeting point has disabled access & toilet facilities
- There will be signage to show you where we are.
- During the session, you can always ask questions.
- If you'd wish to meet us or join social after the session meet us at our stall in the Culture of Black Business Marketplace LINK
- We will be taking pictures if you do not want to be photographed or want to see photographs after the event before they are used for marketing or social media/ website please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For accessibility, we are happy to provide BSL please email email@example.com
1 Shortlands Hammersmith International Ctre, London W6 8DR, UK,
- Car: Parking is free parking by both locations
- Train: Hammersmith Train Station, Baron's Court (Station is accessible)
- Bus: 9, 27, 306, N9, N27
- Cycle: Cycling makes for an environmentally friendly and pleasant way to arrive at the Novotel London West.
Sharing is caring:
If you loved this session donate today help us keep creating spaces or refer a friend and get a gift in the mail.
If you have any problems with finding us, or any other issues; please contact us:
If it's an emergency (for example, if you can't find us) then phone us on: 07706547138