Mon, 05 Jun|
Monday Movement: Kent - Box on the Beach
NBE HUB KENT Monday 1hr Session: Shadow Boxing mixed availability. Enjoy 40 minutes of socca, house and 80s music with social after the session.
Time & Location
05 Jun 2023, 19:00 – 20:00
Newgate Gap, Newgate Gap, Cliftonville, Margate CT9, UK
About The Event
Welcome to 1hr session: Shadow Boxing with NBE
Join Online & In-person
Steps & Shadow boxing to soca music. 1hr of adaptable movement, wiggle & jiggle, and increase your mind & heart health.
What Sessions involve:
The purpose of this session is to learn new steps and to try in your own way to boost stamina. Follow NBE as we show you how to hook, uppercut, and jap. Enjoy your passion for dancing as we bring in some familiar aerobics and steps movement.
This is a medium-intensity session, and a medium-impact session includes kicks.
NBE will show Modifications / Adaptations; sessions are designed to support ambulatory users, pre and postnatal parents, and a mix of ability-to-stand participants.
6:30 PM Ideal time to arrive - Get changed, meet everyone, ask NBE questions
6:50 PM Welcome
7:00 PM Session will start
- Start with a warm 5-minute welcome and explanation about the movements in the session, then go into the warm-up to prepare your body for exercise.
- You will then be guided through 25 minutes of exercise with an interval in the middle.
- The main blocks of activity will be different each week, giving you a taster of different styles and allowing you to try new things in a supportive environment.
- Then a warm down before a short period of mindfulness to reflect on the sessions and yoga-inspired stretches before NBE answers any questions you have.
- There will be opportunities to rest and grab a drink during the session.
7:40 PM Will go into cool down onto matts and relax
7:55 PM Head back to Selina Hotel for Social
8:30 PM Goodbyes
NBE Sessions are taking place at Newgate Gap; look for the orange flag pole with the words 'NBE FITNESS'
The beach has ramp access. Transport to beach spot by train - short walk Bus stop for the 8 stops, loop, a local landmark to assist finding us is the Cliftonville bandstand, Parking spots available outside Selina hotel.
Trial the different sessions, gain referrals to other sessions and meet new people.
Before attending the session for the first time, you will receive an email to complete a PAR-Q to ensure your health and safety in the session; if you’d like to speak to us ahead of the session you can book a call here or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What to expect from the event:
- Adaptable teaching
- Please bring a bottle of water
- Our meeting point Selina Hotel has disabled access & toilet facilities
- There will be signage to show you where we are.
- During the session, you can always ask questions.
- If you'd wish to meet us or join social after the session meet us at Selina Hotel Margate LINK
- We will be taking pictures if you do not want to be photographed or want to see photographs after the event before they are used for marketing or social media/ website please email email@example.com
- For accessibility, we are happy to provide BSL please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What we're doing to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- We provide gluten-free/no nut snacks, sanitiser, antibacterial spray and paper towels
Newgate Gap, Cliftonville, Margate CT9, UK LINK
- Car: Parking is free parking by both locations
- Train: Margate Train Station
- Bus: Loop & 8
- Cycle: Cycling makes for an environmentally friendly and pleasant way to arrive at the Margate beach; there are cycle racks.
Sharing is caring:
If you loved this session, donate today to help us keep creating spaces or refer a friend and get a gift in the mail.
If you have any problems with finding us or any other issues; please contact us:
If it's an emergency (for example, if you can't find us) then phone us on 07706547138
- Ticket type
RSVP FOR FREE
Helping people attend sessions. Please use if you are Social Prescription, Key Worker, Carers, Job Seeker, Pension, PIP and NHS employee can take up our Pay It Forward FREEPrice£0.00
- Ticket type
Pay what you can to join sessionPricePay what you want
+Service fee+Service fee
- Ticket type
Join session at Margate BeachPrice£15.00