Tue, 15 Aug|
NBE SESSION: Chair Dance
NBE HUB KENT & LIVE ZOOM Friday 1hr Session: chair dance movement mixed availability session. Enjoy 30 mins of pop music and social.
Time & Location
15 Aug 2023, 13:00 – 16 Aug 2023, 14:00
The Corner , 60 Whitehall Rd, Ramsgate CT12 6DF, UK
About The Event
Welcome to the 30-minute session: Chair Dance with NBE
Join Online & In-person
This seated session is ideal for wheelchair users, walking frame or ambulatory seated participants.
12:50 Noon Ideal time to arrive at The Corner
1:00 PM Welcome and Start the chair session
1:40 PM Will go into a cool down and then socialise
2:00 PM Goodbyes
What Sessions involve:
- The purpose of this session gets the learn new moves to try in your own time to keep active, enjoy your passion for dancing and build up stamina, medium intensity session and low impact class (no jumps).
- NBE will show Modifications / Adaptations; sessions are designed to support chair & ambulatory users, pre and postnatal parents, and a mix of the ability-to-stand participants.
- From the end of this session, we intend to build motor skills, work through the aerobic curve and feel energised.
- The session will incorporate heart activities to pop music.
- Start with a warm 5-minute welcome and explanation about the movements in the session, then go into the warm-up to prepare your body for exercise.
- You will then be guided through 25 minutes of exercise with an interval in the middle. The main blocks of activity will be different each week, giving you a taster of different styles and allowing you to try new things in a supportive environment.
- Then a warm down before a short period of mindfulness to reflect on the sessions before NBE answers any questions you have.
- There will be opportunities to rest to grab a drink, so bring refreshments.
NBE Sessions occur at The Corner, where getting it wrong is alright. These sessions are for you if you’ve got two left elbows or have never done salsa.
The Corner is complete with ramp access and an accessible toilet.
♿ Wheelchair and mobility scooter friendly
👨🦯 Suitable for all physical, learning and mental health needs
☕ Refreshments are available. A cafe is available in the venue for more choices.
🚸 All ages welcome
🔊 Equipment can be provided for Visual or Hearing impairments (please let us know in advance)
🪑 Seats are provided
🦮 Well-behaved dogs welcome
👫 Support and carers welcome (Join for FREE)
- Free Car/Bike Parking is available.
- A 12-minute walk from Ramsgate train station
- Transport to The Corner by Bus; there is a bus stop outside where the loop will drop you off, and you can catch the loop/34 bus.
- Child play area inside the venue.
Trial the different sessions, gain referrals to other sessions and meet new people.
Before attending the session for the first time, you will receive an email to complete a PAR-Q to ensure your health and safety in the session; if you’d like to speak to us ahead of the session, you can book a call here or email email@example.com